Monday, February 25, 2008

An update

Here's a summary of everything you missed in the last…..year I think……

 

The allergy that showed up with my 2 IVF cycles turned out to be from morphine derivatives, so no morphine for me.

 

I had surgery for the endometriosis in Feb 2007 after being in constant pain for about 6 months. The surgery was not at all a success, to say the least, and my doctor basically washed his hands of me!

 

I spent most of 2007 in pain. The pain from the endo was constant, and absolutely would not go away. I ended up living a half life.

 

Against doctor's advice, I went for excision surgery in South Africa. I had the surgery in late November, and have felt great since then!

 

Turns out I have Early Ovarian Ageing. The new doctor in South Africa did some blood tests, and my Anti Mullerian Hormone is very low. I basically don't have too much longer to conceive.

 

I think I have cysts again. The pain from my ovaries has been a bit extreme for the last week, so will go to the doctor soon.

 

I also think my Prolactin level is up again. Tired all the time; skin breaking out in pimples; weight gain….and possibly cysts.

 

I'm saving up for IVF in South Africa. Since IVF is apparently now my only chance of falling pregnant, I'm saving every spare penny to get to South Africa for treatment. I'm hoping to achieve all this by late July.

 

Unrelated to infertility: I am working on my B.Ed. I'm now in my second year, but living in Zim presents unexpected challenges, like the inability to buy textbooks!

 

Well, I think that is all of importance for now. Until the next post……………

 

No comments: