Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Counting my blessings..........

Thinking about my problems........or maybe I should rather say trials........has made me look a little deeper. Where did that get me? Well, to a much better mindset I think.
We are all so very quick to complain, and yes I mean everyone! I will be the first to admit that I do a lot of complaining, moaning, grouching, whatever you want to call it, but I am definitely not alone! We all do it, we just don't always realise that we do.
Ok, so this is going somewhere, I think, but then again, maybe I have lost the plot................Oh, yes, blessings! Back to the point. While thinking about all of this I realised how rare it is for anyone to talk about the good things in their lives, or even think about them for that matter. It is too easy to always look at the negative side of things, and not so easy to admit that some of those clouds have a silver lining. So today, I am going to count some of my blessings, and hopefully you will think a little about the good things in YOUR life too.
Some of the blessings in my life are;
My husband Ben, who is always supportive, no matter what! My knight in shining armour.
My friends, who have stuck by me for so many years, you all know who you are!
A happy life in Zimbabwe, with every challenge conquered being a step forward.
Still being alive despite 10 operations in 6 years, a bigger blessing than you would think.
Ok, so I wouldn't call this a comprehensive list in any sense of the word, but it is a start, and it has focused my mind on the good things in my life. Here's hoping the positive attitude lasts. Think deeply about your own blessings, you might be surprised at how many there are......

No comments: