Tuesday, June 27, 2006

How Long is Too Long?

To try to conceive that is! Yes, I do have an idea what you were thinking!!!!! This is a question that I think many infertiles ask themselves, and do they ever find the answer? Rarely!
I think the answer always lies in the infertile herself, no one can answer it for you. It is a deeply personal issue with about a million variables involved.......making it impossible for anyone else to decide what is best for you.
I know I have struggled with that question in the past, and the truth is, I still struggle with it today! My husband and I set some very definite cut-off dates in the beginning.......then we reached them and realised we were not ready to quit just yet, so we set new ones.....and the same situation resulted. Now, we have finally decided to just keep trying until it no longer feels right. That could be never, I don't have the answer now, and I probably won't have it anytime soon either. I just have to do what all infertiles end up doing, go with the flow until your heart or nature tells you to stop! And yes, it will always be hard, the disappointments are never easy to take, but imagine the feeling when you finally have a success!!!!

No comments: