Saturday, June 24, 2006

I think I'm a cynical cow!!!!

Today I came across a letter written by a woman who has been going through the whole infertility thing for about 10 years now, and in it she expressed her feelings of scorn for those who complain after a very short time of trying to conceive. What surprised me....though only slightly....is that I often feel the same way.
I know, I know, infertility is hard, even for the beginners, but it is so hard to feel sorry for someone who has been trying for say, six months, and acts as if the world will come to an end because she is not yet pregnant. Bitchy as it may sound, my immediate thoughts are, "Wow, you've been trying how long? There is no way you could not be preggers yet, not after six whole months.....I am just a mutant 'cause it has taken me six years so far!!!!" Now, I never say those things, I just think them. And don't get me wrong, I do feel for those ladies, I was there once too so I know how it feels, and I hope none of them ends up in my shoes, I just wish they would think before acting like real IF veterans after such a short time!!!!
Believe me, six years is vastly different to six months, and it would be nice if people would realise that. Yes, any form of infertility is hard to deal with and creates some serious emotional tension, but please, don't be a drama queen after a few short months!!!
And, although I'm a cow, I do possess some tender feelings, so I hope all of you who are starting out in the IF world never have to go as far as I have gone. I hope you all have beautiful babies to take home in the shortest time possible. Good Luck!

1 comment:

Family Ties said...

Would you be mad at me if I said I agreed about the cynical part :) The cow part.... *nah, I'd never say" heheheheh