Friday, June 30, 2006

Prolactin Levels Up

Well, I went to the RE today for the follow up on the cyst and fresh results on prolactin levels, and excuse me if I say the results were really sh*t!!!!! The cyst is down...by a whole two millimeters, and I will be going on the pill hoping to get rid of it for good, another ultrasound to follow in a month's time.
The prolactin level, however, is of course up again after just two and a half weeks off the bromocriptine!!! The prognosis? I will never be able to fall pregnant without bromocriptine! That sucks, really, really sucks! And for the first time ever, the RE actually asked if I want to keep trying for a baby. In the past he has always been so upbeat about it all, reminding me that I am still very young, which will improve my chances, but this time he was so serious and sad looking that it really depressed me!
I of course, am extremely stubborn, and insisted that I still want to keep trying........so no easy escape for the RE, he will still have to deal with my gigantic load of problems!

No comments: