Friday, May 05, 2006

Results from my visit to the G.P

O.k, I am in a bit of shock right now, still trying to process everything. I went to my G.P to hear what she had to say about my hormones, all the time expecting to hear that the levels showed a possibility of cycts. Well, I was wrong!
The G.P says I have a prolactinoma, a tumour on the pituitary gland! Now, I know it isn't life threatening, but it's still a shock to the system. Apparently, I also have PCOS, but she says the medication she has given me to shrink the prolactinoma will also help with the cysts. The worst part of it all is the thought that the prolactinoma could have caused permanent infertility if it hadn't been found and treated! I don't recall the RE doing any of the blood tests I just had! He just said that we will do another IVF as soon as we can afford it. Just imagine, if my G.P hadn't sent me for all those blood tests I would've wasted all that money on an IVF cycle that had no chance at all of working!

No comments: