Tuesday, April 04, 2006

From the Beginning

Ok, so in the beginning it was basically girl meets boy (or rather man in this case), they get married, decide to wait a while for kids.......and bam, six months later we find out he has sperm count and morphology problems. I freak out, he decides to try donor sperm, I freak out some more, he convinces me to try. Follows two attempts at donor IUI, resulting in one miscarriage and one chemical pregnancy and me freaking out some more with doctor spending so much time peering between my legs. After much pain and frequent fainting, I get referred to an RE, who promptly does a laparoscopy and discovers that those hellish pains I lived with all through my teens were not in fact normal at all! I have endometriosis.....so now I have yet another person peering between my legs all the time. Three more laparoscopies, seven donor IUIs, one D&C, two miscarriages and one chemical pregnancy later, they decide it is time for me to try IVF.....I am sure this was actually designed as a form of torture. So I save money until I am blue in the face and still have to borrow so much that my eyes begin rolling and have my first IVF. Now looking back at my general history, you will not be surprised to hear that one week after egg transfer I end up in the hospital with a major allergy....to what we don't know. My body decides it is too much to bear and ends my IVF cycle forthwith. So that brings me back to the present....being a housewife.....looking for a job.......trying to find the cash for another try.....driving my husband insane!

No comments: