Sunday, April 09, 2006

The Monster Grows Again

It has been just over a year since my last laparoscopy to treat endometriosis, and I feel that the next one is imminent . Now, after having had this surgery four times in the last three and a half years, I am understandably unenthusiastic!
Usually the surgeries tend to be about eight months apart, but I have lasted much longer this time due to a six month stint on birth control pills (part of the aforementioned weight issue).
Unfortunately, I found myself considering the desireability of surgery at about 6 am this morning to the accompaniment of some rather sharp pains in the ovary region. Now, I know this is not ovulation, because that happened two days ago. I honestly believe that I have cysts again......so do my ovaries believe it!
The problem is that I wanted to delay surgery so that I can have it right before my next IVF cycle so that I can start fresh, but the money is hard to come by so IVF will be considerably delayed! So my choices are; have the surgery so long anyway..or...wait a while and put up with the pain. My body and my husband would prefer the first choice!!!!

No comments: